Thursday, May 21, 2009

How time flies


A friend has just spent a week here helping David work on the new lounge that is in the course of renovation, and I have done very little textile work. I have made lots of soup and evening meals, constant tidying up and attempting to keep abreast of the dust - without much success - but nothing productive in the art world.

I have attempted to make some ATC's and also made some beads from dyed paper towels that I found in my 'bits box', nothing inspiring but useful to file away in the 'could be useful box'. Whilst pottering in a non productive way, I decided to go back to printing some dyed material and I am pleased with the 2 pieces I have produced - not sure what I am going to do with them yet but I was pleased with the end results.

Today has been yet another Fete Day in France - Ascension Day, and we awoke to a thunderstorm this morning , I thought it was only in England that we had wet 'Bank Holidays' but the day did improve as it progressed and the sun was very warm by late afternoon, ideal for drying the printed fabrics. I will post a picture of one of the printed pieces with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment