Thursday, March 12, 2009

I will try again.....



I am trying again to put up the log that should have gone up on Wednesday instead of the blank space. I had typed in all my log and when I went to display it, it dissapeared - oh well that is technology I suppose.

Yesterday I decided to continue with my 2nd altered book. After completing the cover and spraying it with spray dyes and Axminster inks in various shades of blue and red it had a distinctive purple effect. This gave me the inspiration I needed to develop it and I decided to depict the poem Warning by Jenny Joseph ...When I am an old woman I shall wear purple..... This poem has always been a favourite with me.

I decided to split the poem into a number of sections and give each section a page. I embroidered the words onto dyed lutradur which I then distressed with the heat gun.
I completed the first page yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Love the purple Thelma. I am into purple too. Is it a maturity colour do you think a lot of us seem to favour it.

    ReplyDelete