Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back from Norway


I have just returned from a weeks' stay in Norway with my husband. We had a wonderful time relaxing in the beautiful scenery and surviving the city life of Oslo.
The weather was glorious and the effect of the sun shining on the deep virgin snow in the fields was magical. Even the astronmical costs of food and alcohol could not dampen the visit.

Spring has certainly come to the Vendee with cowslips, primroses and peach blossoms all in abundance. I spent part of the afternoon watching a pair of Green Woodpeckers carry out a courtship dance in the garden - retirement is wonderful.

I have now finished my altered book based on the poem Warning by Jenny Joseph and I have really enjoyed playing with the different techniques and effects to interpret the poem in stitch for me. I will post some photos of the finished book with this post.

Thank you Heather and Robin for your lovely comments,it is so rewarding to have positive comments made about your work. Thanks also to Maggie Grey for reading my blog and commenting on it on the Catalogue Killers forum. I am certainly enjoying the blogging and the opportunity to record my work as I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment